The Temple Main Street Program is sponsoring the 1stAnnual Temple Architectural Appreciation Photography Contest. We are conducting this contest as part of Temple’s observance of National Preservation Month, which is May. The purpose of the contest is to draw community attention to the importance of preserving and protecting our valuable community architectural assets through the restoration of old buildings.
The rules of the contest are simple:
- Select a building in Temple that you think is historic and appealing as a photo subject[For the purposes of this contest, there is no set definition of “historic” – just choose an older building somewhere in Temple]
- Photograph the building
- Have your photograph printed at an 8×10 size and framed at no larger than an 11×14 size.
- Write or print your name, phone number and e-mail address on the back of their photo entry. This contact information must be clearly legible.
- Contestant may submit up to 3 entries, but not more.
- Deliver your framed photo to the Discover Downtown Temple Office located at 101 N. Main Street, by 5:00 PM on Friday, March 29, 2019.
- This contest is open to anyone of any age, and it is open to both professionals and amateurs.
- Second and third-place winners will receive prize ribbons. The First Place winner will receive a trophy.
- All winners will be honored and recognized during May which has been designated as National Preservation Month.
- All photographs submitted will be used in public displays for a period of not more than 6 months – May-October. When these public displays have concluded, the photographs will be returned to the contest entrants. Contestants will be called and/or E-mailed about collecting their photograph. If repeated attempts are made to contact the photographer and the photographer fails to respond, the Temple Main Street Program reserves the right to dispose of any unclaimed contest entries.